There is no doubt that Epson’s printers are of top quality. But, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Epson printers are without fault. They have some limitations that make it extremely difficult for users to complete their everyday printing tasks. The Epson error code 0x97, and it’s among the most frequently reported among the other issues.
This error means you have to shut off the printer. Then, switch it back on after some time. However, the most effective option is to contact tech expert for speedy and simple solutions.
Issues Behind the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
Epson error code: 0x97 pops up because of hardware malfunction. It could be that the printer model that you own and use has been damaged. Since it’s an internal issue and not visible to the naked eye, it could not be obvious, but it’s an urgent problem.
There’s nothing the user can do if they’re facing problems with their hardware. Of course, some solutions could be tested out, but the most permanent solution is repair or replacement.
The Solutions for Epson Error Code 0x97
Several methods are discussed below that may help Epson printer owners troubleshoot and fix this error. Check out this article and test the solutions.
Disconnecting and Reconnecting the Printer, Removing Jammed Paper
The steps you must adhere to are:
- You can cancel all printing jobs.
- Unplug USB cables as well as other cables connected to the printer. It is crucial to ensure that the printer is removed from the computer.
- Take care to open your printer’s cover and attempt to get rid of the jammed paper.
- Try taking out and reinstalling cartridges.
- Then, turn the power knob on the printer to release any residue that remains inside the printer.
- When you’re done with this process, connect the cables again and connect the printer to your computer. Reload the paper and print the document to determine if the issue has been resolved or not.
The Wet Tissue Method
Most of the time, it is the case that ink waste that gets deposited around the head sprayer is the reason for the code the Epson printer error code 0x97.
Cleaning the dry ink with moist tissue to resolve this issue. In this case, it is important to remember that this method will require some knowledge of technology and may not be suitable for all individuals. The steps to be followed to complete the cleaning process include:
- Switch off your printer.
- Now, you need to open the printer’s casing.
- Take a tissue and apply warm water to soak it.
- Try moving the head left in the middle.
- Place the tissue in the head cleaning pad.
- Move the head towards the parking space.
- Then, it would be best if you waited for a bit.
- The next step is getting rid of the tissue and closing the area.
- Then, switch on your printer to see whether the issue persists. The method is recommended to be tested three times.
Try the suggestions provided above can surely assist in eliminating the Epson printing error (0x97).
Why should you choose our support for Epson Printer?
If the solutions listed here have not provided you with the solution to Epson printer error code 0x97, then it’s likely that you don’t have your Epson printer functioning properly. Also, if you believe you cannot perform these tasks on your own. No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll need an expert to investigate the problem and help you resolve it. If you are in that situation, look at the following experts.
Our tech support team has an extensive knowledge base and deep knowledge of these situations. Their years of experience and knowledge can take only the time needed to find the solution. However, other aspects differentiate them from other service providers.